CONSTANTIN WEISZ 'Big Pilot'
One of the most successful watch types is the pilot watch. Their popularity has to do with their unmistakable design and this, in turn, with their eventful history: When people took to the skies, timepieces became an indispensable instrument, and their own type developed - the pilot's watch.
Gone are the days when every pilot needed a special watch to support them. Modern measuring instruments and last but not least GPS, the global navigation satellite system for position determination and time measurement, are the necessary tools today. But what remains is the typical look of a pilot's watch: with its classic design, the watch for pilots is one of the esteemed favourites of some watch collections.
But back to the beginning: The Brazilian Alberto Santos-Dumont carried out numerous tests with his self-made aircraft at the beginning of the 20th century. He is said to have complained to his friend and jeweller Cartier that the ordinary pocket watches are barely legible during a flight. Then Cartier designed the legendary Santos. The model went into series production in 1911 and has been an integral part of the watch collection ever since.
Our "Big Pilot" is a prime example of a typical pilot's watch. With 44 mm case size, it is not oversized but very prominent on the wrist. The large aviator crown ensures good handling and the riveted leather strap made of butter-soft natural leather is a dream on the wrist.
- Movement: ETA 6498 "Swiss Made"
- Housing: stainless steel, Ø 44 mm
- Glass: sapphire crystal
- Power reserve: 46 hours
- Glass bottom: mineral glass
- Limitation: 99 pieces worldwide
- Functions: decentralized second hand
- Dial: brown
- Pointer: cathedral pointer
- Strap: Natural leather in organic quality, rivets reinforced
- Strap length: approx. 22 cm
- Lug width: approx. 22 mm
- Closure: pin buckle
- Waterproof: 5 ATM
- Total weight of the watch: approx. 85 g
- Warranty: 5 years
- Manufacturing: Made in Germany
- Scope of delivery: Description booklet, clock, watch box, certificate
Constantin Weisz guarantees that this product is made by hand from high-quality materials. Elaborate quality controls guarantee that the watch has been checked and adjusted before leaving the factory. Nevertheless, we cannot rule out material errors. If your new watch is not faultless, please contact our customer service within five years from the date of purchase.
The following are excluded from the guarantee:
- Damage caused by external violence
- Interventions by persons not authorized by us
- improper handling of the watch
- Failure to observe the operating instructions
- Leather strap, wearing parts and seals are also excluded from the guarantee.
- Liability for incidental and consequential damage is excluded
Delivery time: two weeks